Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not so Normal

"They wanted to get married there because it was the place they liked to be."

I saw this story on the news tonight. A couple in Normal, Illinois got married at their local Taco Bell because they enjoyed being there.

Here's an article with video and some pics: http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/01/10/news/doc49681e80735c5391961609.txt

That is just wacked. I don't even like going to the Taco Bell for a cup of water, let alone create a huge memory of it for my wedding!

I suppose that if I HAD to have a wedding at a fast food joint, it would definitely be In-n-Out Burger. Nothing beats animal style hors d'oeuvres.

7 comments:

Erika said...

mmmmmmmmmm In-N-Out

Emily said...

weird thing is I lived in Normal for a while, my siblings were born there and we always joked nothing normal happens in normal!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

awesome! that's hilarious! Great that you are so acquainted with the town where people seek out the Taco Bell as their wedding venue!

Courtney said...

Tacky.

catharooni said...

i vote for tito's tacos. so much more culture. and the food is waaaaaayyyy better. also, it outdoors, but right by the freeway overpass in case it rains.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

excellent Cath! good case made for Tito's. AND they have rootbeer!

Jessica said...

I would do it at Chipotle. Except if they threw the rice I would try to eat it out of the air.