Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bye Bye Marie

It was around my birthday, June 18, that I found myself needing Marie Callender's more than ever.

I have long been a fruit pie fan and while not much of a pie chef, Marie has always been there to satisfy my hunger.

Everywhere I have ever lived, Marie has been there for me. I never thought I would be without her. But it was on my birthday this year, that my appetite found itself abandoned and truly alone...without Marie to comfort me.

This was the scene at my local Marie Callender's:


Horrible! Devastating! Where did it go? How could this be?

But I was not immediately dismayed. That is, until I looked up other locations only to find that there were no other locations to be found. In fact, Marie Callender's was no longer operating in Washington. I was truly disappointed.

To make it worse, the rest of the chain was promoting one of its whole pie month sales. Slap in the face.

I guess I'll just have to move.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

How rude for them to withhold this information from you until your birthday. I hope you found a semi-worthy substitute for your celebration, and can reunite with Marie sometime in the near future. Happy late birthday!

Courtney said...

I found the same thing when I went to my childhood location of Marie Callender's in San Diego last month. Closed!

At least the one on National and Sawtelle is still going strong..... for now.

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

You may have found out more info by now, but my grandfather (a regular at his local Marie Callendar's) told me that all corporate locations are closed. Franchise locations are remaining open. That means the one closest to my parents is closed but at least there is still one in the city. Banana Cream Pie for September--Mmmmm!