Saturday, March 13, 2010

ChickLit

After every term of papers, reports, presentations and everything else that school demands, there's nothing I enjoy more than spending my break lounging around with a brainless book. As many of my friend's know, I'm always asking for "ChickLit" recommendations and they usually do not disappoint.

Now as Spring Break approaches, I am on the hunt for another worthless book to "rest" my brain with. In searching for something that will at least be entertaining, I found this great website: www.ChickLitClub.com. It is the ULTIMATE ChickLit resource!

For anyone in my same position who just likes to entertain themselves with nothing short of rubbish, this website will likely help you find the best rubbish there is to offer. Check it out!

I am also taking book suggestions if there is a great brainless book you've read recently...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Elna Baker’s “The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance.” Seriously I'm 4 or 5 chapters in and I'm dying laughing.... a brainless but clever and witter laugh at ourselves.

catharooni said...

i will second emily's suggestion - even though i haven't read the book. i saw her on youtube and i am a convert.

also, not totally brainless, but one of the most rewarding books i have read in a long time: "the guernsey literary and potato peel society" by burrows & shaffer ...

and, i can not recommend highly enough LISA LUTZ and her "spellman" series ... three books in paperback now, and the fourth due in hardback any day now. i am confident you would enjoy - and laugh A LOT.

let me know what you have read that you liked - i am always on the lookout!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

I will definitely have to try those books. Thanks for the suggestions. Always looking for a good read.