Sunday, February 24, 2008

No time is wasted time when its the Academy Awards

Things I should be doing now but instead I am watching the Academy Awards:

  • My calling
  • Writing blasted essays
  • Cleaning my room
  • Feeding the needy, helping the sick and afflicted
  • Picking better colors for my blog

It's hard for me to pass up the Academy Awards. I don't know why I like watching so much, perhaps I just enjoy celebrating in other people's good fortune. You got me. But I just REALLY like watching the Oscars.

Here is a clip of my favorite performance, from one of my favorite films of last year. Winner of this year's Academy Award for Best Original Song, from the movie "Once", Falling Slowly. I love their winning moment!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ck_c40EdLFE

P.S. I will add to my list:

  • Learning techniques to being a better blogger.
  • Develop better prioritizing skills.

3 comments:

f*bomb. said...

I. Love. This. Soundtrack.

And the opening scene almost made me pee my pants. Seriously. Brilliant.

Erika said...

what's your calling?
How did Jon Stewart do? We were so bummed we forgot to set the DVR.

Travis Butterfield said...

That's funny that we both blogged about that song! Ha ha. P.s. in case you didn't know, you can "embed" the video onto your blog. You just have to copy the code from YouTube (located in the box that says "embed") and then paste it in your blog post. It's that easy. Maybe you already knew that. But, just in case, I thought I'd share that little tip.