Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In space...I mean, Spain.

So, you ask, what is with all the "Space" talk? Well, the words of my mom tell it best:

First, some background. My good friends, Sarah Zobell and Heather Smith were planning a trip to Spain and when invited, I had a hard time passing up the opportunity. Knowing I had limited funds to cover all of the costs of the trip, I called my mom. Not to beg for money, but to ask for miles that I knew she wasn't using. This was our conversation:

Me: Hi mom!
Mom: Hello Miliam (she has a Korean accent, there are no typos in this dialog). What you want?
Me: Nothing. But, you know all of those airline miles you have? Can I use some?
Mom: Of course! So you want to use mileage?
Me: Yes, is it ok?
Mom: Of course. Anysing you want to.
Me: Thanks mom.
Mom: So, where you want to going?
Me: Spain.
Mom: Where?
Me: Spain.
Mom: Where?
Me: Spain, mom! Spain!
Mom: Space?
Me: (Totally laughing) No, not space, Spain!
Mom: Space? Ok. Anysing you want to. Use mileage.


It's funny every time.

So, from what my mom knows, I'm off to space for a week and a half. I can't wait! And I'm using miles to get there! Actually, I didn't end up using my mom's miles for space, I mean, Spain. But I'm going!

Although, who's to say you can't get to space on a mileage plan?
http://promomagazine.com/incentives/virgin_atlantic_miles_011106/

8 comments:

Erika said...

I LOVE your parents.
Thanks for sharing your blog-I am so glad you've become a blogger. It is seriously the highlight of my day to check your blogs.
I wish my life were as interesting as yours...my posts are lame. :-)
Have fun in Space!!!

Travis Butterfield said...

I'm looking forward to a huge post when you get back, with tons of pictures!

the Rew Crew said...

Miriam--

You little go-getter! Joining the blogosphere before you have a baby and become a stay-in-bed mom?

Incredible.

I look forward to hearing about Space.

f*bomb. said...

You + Lance Bass + Space = Meant To Be.

Travis Butterfield said...

wow. I'm liking the new template!

Denise said...

Okay, I love your new background, it is very pleasing to the eye. The other one I wasn't all that hip on. Great selection!

Meg said...

Have fun in Spain, Miliam! So glad you're blogging.

Dave said...

Whatever will this blog be without your parents?! Good for them as they head off to Our Country.