Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Playing For Change: Stand by Me

I saw this from a post from a friend on Facebook. Though it's a special cover of the song, "Stand by Me", it is actually just as interesting to watch as it is to hear.

It is from an award-winning independent film I have never heard of, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music" and it seems really interesting. Now that it's on my radar I will be looking for it.

For those of us familiar with the 3rd Street Promenade, we'll recognize some parts of this clip. Check it out:



There are several other songs in the movie as well in which the filmmakers combine the additions of music makers from around the world and edit them into one amazing version. Pretty awesome!

One Love

1 comment:

Erika said...

Wow. That was so cool! Thanks for sharing!
I wonder how long that took them to film!