Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter in SoCal

I used to complain that Los Angeles had no more than two seasons and that December was not December without snow. But after this past week and getting reports from friends in other parts of the country and Canada with weather temps from 2 F to -15 F, I am perfectly happy where I am on break here in SoCal. Sure, 55 F is chilly, but nothing to complain about at all!

I went for a short run yesterday down by the beach in Santa Monica and it was a beautiful day! Especially since it has been raining, the skies were mostly perfectly clear and the sun was warm despite the slight wind. It was a most excellent Southern California winter day.








5 comments:

Amy said...

Ugh! You're making me jealous!

Courtney said...

Hey Miriam!! Good to see you back in LA - how's Oregon treating you? Anyway, about the weather - I agree with you - compared to most of the rest of the country, we are having a heat wave. However, considering that we were having 85 degree weather here only three weeks ago, this is quite the extreme! I am such a wimp. Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Merry Christmas!

dana said...

Awesome pictures.

the Rew Crew said...

I totally agree with you. I don't miss the cold at all! We are expecting Christmas to be in the high 70's and I can't wait!

BTW, nice job on the Christmas towels. Way to be crafty!

Heather & James said...

I miss it there!! Lucky Moh. Glad you had a great break.