Thursday, December 24, 2009

Denver

In my past couple of posts I included a few pics pertaining to my visit to Colorado last week and now I guess I'll include the rest of them.

With Sarah and Eva already in Denver, I was able to get two birds with one stone, make that three, because Heather Feather Smith Janssen joined us from Nebraska, and with child.

Right when Heather got in, we did a nice little walk through the "Garden of the Gods", a park of several stunning and amazing rock formations clustered together in one area. It was a chilly, but beautiful and clear day.

If we were a family, this would be our pic. Christmas cards 2010, here we come.

The Kissing Camels. Can you see them?

The highlight of the weekend was supposed to be a tour of local candy factory, Hammonds. The tour was about as exciting as this pic, and about as interesting as the random snowman that Heather Feather is holding.

We did a lot of stuff all weekend which mostly included eating, hanging around, and talking about cooking. Well, me listening to Eva and Sarah talk about cooking, in which I learned a lot! Next time I'm at high altitudes, I think I'll likely bake better now!

We made a short visit to Manitou Springs and took a little tour of the town.


We hiked a really steep hike in Boulder the last day and took this very Bouldery photo to top it all off.

It was a good trip and it was nice to be able to catch up with everyone, and to spend time with Heather before she births her child. Plus, Denver is beautiful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad you took pictures of our super exciting weekend.

word to friends in Denver!

catharooni said...

nice! miss each of you ...