Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fast car. Obviously.

When I was in Denver with Sarah, we went for a bike ride to a community festival. On the way there, I couldn't help but notice a guy lovingly detailing his car.
We rode past him without stopping on our way to the festival, but stopped on the way back to admire his work and my oh my, what a beauty.

It's amazing what a custom-made sticker ensemble can do to a car and what kind of message the owner inevitably sends.

Looking at this automotive masterpiece, this is the impression that I get:

Nothing says "speed" like fire. Naturally, flames denote "fast" and obviously, this car looks faster the more indicators of "fire" there are on it. I can only conclude that this car is constantly spewing fire, hence, is always fast, therefore, likely to blow my car out of the water in a road race, even when completely still.



Then of course you have "bad" boy look. Nothing says "bad to the bone" like a skull. Nothing says "badder to the bone" than skulls AND dragons. And nothing says "fast and badder to the bone" than skulls, dragons and FLAMES. This guy is a fast bad a**.


And then of course, and fast car needs vents to prove that the car needs vents to blow off heat. Much like a laptop needs vents so it doesn't overheat... Stickers with vents send the message that this car is highly technical and though it may not look like it from the outside, under the hood it's a beast and Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s worst nightmare. Truly. And vents, with flames of course.

I was quite impressed with this owner's handy work. Some people add tinted windows, dice on the rear view mirror, maybe a sticker of a daisy on the back window, but this guy went all out. But I guess if you're sporting the "Ironman" edition of this Isuzu VehiCROSS, well, you better be so hardcore! Judging from his sticker job, I'm pretty sure he is.

1 comment: