Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Plum Tale

My dad planted a little plum tree last year. In the past weeks, it has had some fruit on it. Fruit that has actually been impressive and very juicy and delicious. I think my dad is kind of proud of his little tree, and of course, there's no one he would rather share with than his grand kids.

Denise: Hello?
Dad: Denise, how are kids, okay?
Denise: Yeah, how are you?
Dad: Oh fine. I have plum tree. I wanted to give Kimball and Mia plum. You know, plum tree is here in the backyard. 5 plums came.
Denise: Oh really?
Dad: Yes. Yesterday there were 5. But then I came home and the squirrel took 2, so now only 3 plum.
Denise: Oh no!
Dad: Yes, and then I went again, but now only 1 plum, the squirrel, he continued to take more. If I give to Kimball the 1 plum, Mia will be sorry. If I give to Mia, Kimball may be sorry. So...next year, okay?
Denise: Okay.
Dad: Yes, I think next year it can yield more plum for Kimball and Mia.
Denise: Ok, thanks.
Dad: Bye now.
Denise: Bye.

Damn squirrel.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think your dad and my dad are twins.

the Rew Crew said...

Oh daddy Oh is amazing. If he wants plums, tell him to raid my parent's back yard. Their tree yields so much fruit it is virtually impossible to pick all of it before they fall. Then you have mashed plums on the cold, wet ground. It is gross.