Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bad Food

I have yet to watch a Food Network show and witness the cook say their dish tastes bad when they try it at the end. No matter the show, whether they are out trying a restaurant's signature dish or in their studio kitchen whipping up a common dinner, it's always the same: closed eyes, a couple shakes of the head looking toward heaven, and then just total bliss and amazement at how delicious their mashed potatoes taste.

Each time, I just wish that if, in fact, the dish tasted bad, they would say it like it is and express their, well, distaste. Tell me the dish tastes terrible! Please! Especially when they are on the road. I just know that not everything can taste faintingly amazing despite the way they react. That's all. Just some honesty from the food folks is all I'm asking for. Or at least a new reaction to what seems to always be the best thing they ever tasted.

1 comment:

Eva Jane said...

HA! I had the exact same though yesterday when I was watching the 100th food show of the weekend, I thought "here it comes, the eyes closed, slight moan, head shaking this is so good moment". It's a bit ridiculous that EVERY food tastes that good. Iron Chef will tell you how it really is!!