Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Domestic Decoration

As I more and more feel the lure of domestication, I find myself with a nagging need to purchase highly functional, visually appealing and ridiculously expensive kitchen appliances that will likely just sit on my kitchen counter to give the impression that I am one bad-ass cook. And I'm okay with that.

In my time as a functioning adult, I have purchased toasters for $10, hand mixers for $6 and blenders for $20, all brand new and all still working to this day. I got great deals, but these were nothing for display.

Now, for whatever reason, entering marriage, I am looking at kitchen gear that reeks havoc on my bank account (Well, Matt and I's bank account. Er, more like Matt's...that I have added my name to) but, have tremendous appeal!

The first of these purchases, is the ever coveted and ever practical, KitchenAid Mixer. All of my friends have one and I've always wanted one. And they look so cool! With 23 beautiful colors to choose from, who wouldn't want one of these just to have as a decorative piece in the kitchen? I'm sure I'll use it at some point, maybe to demonstrate to guests that I know how to turn it on and tilt the head back and then speak fondly of everything I intend to make some day, at which point, it will be worth the ridiculous amount of money I just paid for it.

(Silver lining: I had a 20% off coupon and I'm getting a $30 rebate!)

Next on the list, a Cuisinart Food Processor. Another spendy purchase and not the visual appeal of the Mixer, but for the street cred, it's going to be worth it.

2 comments:

sarahz said...

you got the orange!! i love it!

Nancey said...

Is that yours on the counter? I agree, orange was a great choice! Nothing to spur on some baking like a pretty contraption! P.S. You might like How About Orange and Stephmodo blogs for some more domestic ideas : )