Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fig Pizza

I am ashamed at the post I am about to make. Not at the actual content, but at the lack of imagery. I didn't take one picture of the preparation process or the finished product. I'm so ashamed.

My sister was visiting this past weekend and we made this recipe for Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula from the Pioneer Woman Blog. Can I just say, it was probably the best pizza I have ever had! Even at the most renowned pizza joints and from the most professional kitchens (of the so many that I've been to...) this pizza put those others to shame.

In the KitchenAid, which by the way is my newest and bestest friend, the dough was so easy to make. I had yeast dough in a matter of minutes. All of the toppings were healthy and as fresh as Costco-ly possible, and the combination of everything together just totally hit both the sweet and savory spots. Holy cow, what a delectable treat!

I will say though, the kicker was actually the fig spread. It's what made the pizza delicious and memorable. But you must have the "spread". To find it, don't assume look near the jams and jellies. Rather, venture to the gourmet cheeses in your local market (Harmon's and Sunflower Market in Salt Lake City worked for us) and you will find the spread in small jars.

Try it, it's an amazing pizza!

No comments: