Friday, April 17, 2009

What?! Cereal?!

I called my dad today just to check in and see how things were going at home.

Dad: Did you finish study for today?
Me: Yes.
Dad: So, now, you must be reading.
Me: Yes, I am.
Dad: Good. Are you resting?
Me: Soon.
Dad: Good, good. Did you eat?
Me: Yes.
Dad: What did you eat?
Me: I don't know, I just ate some cereal.
Dad: Cereal?! Cereal is morning food, you know?
Me: I know.
Dad: Why you only eat cereal? No money?
Me: No, I'm fine. I just ate cereal. It's fine.
Dad: You have no money? Cereal no good. Only in the morning. Go buy spaghetti and make spaghetti.
Me: Okay. I will.

So I get off the phone with him and go about my stuff and four minutes later my phone rings, and it's my mom.

Me: Hello?
Mom: Miliam! Why you only eat cereal?!
Me: What?
Mom: Daddy says you only eating cereal.
Me: (Grrr.) Yeah, I ate cereal tonight.
Mom: Why you only eat cereal? No good for you. You have no money?
Me: No, I'm fine.
Mom: Then why you only eat cereal at dinner time? That is morning time food.
Me: I just didn't have time, that's all. It's not a big deal.
Mom: Really? You not lying to mommy?
Me: I'm not lying. I just didn't have time. That's all.
Mom: Okay. Next time, don't eat cereal. That is morning food.
Me: Okay. I won't.
Mom: You need money, you tell mommy.
Me: Okay.

Who knew my parents felt so strongly about cereal?!

Here's the follow-up to this post: Part II

10 comments:

Emily said...

so so cute! i love your parents! i once ate lucky charms for breakfast lunch and dinner for a whole week... don't do it... cereal for dinner is sometimes ok... i understand :)

dana said...

haha. I know I will always love a good Oh-Parent story.

dana said...

hey, do your parents read your blog?

Courtney said...

I love cereal, and I think that it is a perfectly acceptable meal any time of the day!

catharooni said...

just don't start eating your cereal with chocolate milk. i have been informed by my coworkers that it is disgusting and, according to one, illegal.

they don't care about cereal. they care about moh!!

Unknown said...

That is awesome!

Kaahl said...

i liked "milliam" the best.

koodeker said...

LOL! I think I have had similar conversations with my Dad. Korean parents are comedy!

f*bomb. said...

Will you please-o-pretty please post this on that "my mom is a fob" site? Please?

Dave said...

lurve

Thank you.