Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Expression Bustier: Express, er, yourself?


Late night television exposes the public to odd and confusing elements of the world. Whether assumed or not, the wee hours of night spent in front of the TV can be mostly a frightening experience, as opposed to anything enlightening.

Two nights ago this ad came on television and sent a shock through my system. I had to guess that since there are informercials for products that target almost every part of the human body, it was only time before we had an exercise machine for the female pectorals.



Who needs a breast augmentation? Do it the old-fashioned way, work your breasts to the shape you want!

Then there was last night...

I realize that there are aspects of womanhood I have not yet experienced, but I have a hard time believing that use of this contraption would be the right choice for me or any woman. I could totally be wrong, but, this thing just looks wrong.

The following item can be found at: http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/


I understand moms are very busy and life can get very hectic, but at what point does "multi-tasking" draw its line?
Is she seriously working while double-pumping?

My favorite aspect of ads of these sort are the optimistic claims the producers make for their products literally to "convince" buyers that their products are legit. Coupled with shouting and loud hand gestures, selling crap can't be too hard especially items that at face value appear to have no redeeming qualities. But, just read the few bulleted-points and they can make a believer and a buyer out of anyone!

"Soft & Comfortable". Really? Really? Are they really making that claim?!


For anyone that has used either of these products and can vouch for their claims of comfort and convenience, I would love to hear from you. Like I said, I ain't no mom and I haven't thought about my chest as much as these women have, so what do I know?

Or, for anyone looking for a sounding board for boob-centric retail products, have at it!

7 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

Ok, I've never used this but I do own a hand pump. Um, kind of like the pump at the gas station, but attached to your boob. TMI? Anywho...

Multi-tasking while pumping? Way overrated. I'm barely capable of nursing so trying to pump and do other things at the same time would be impossible for me. Plus, you know, formula is good enough so why bother with all that hoopla?

BTW, may I commend you on your love for trash tv? I love it too!! Did you ever watch The Average Joe? It was years ago but I thought it was hysterical.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

I think the two pump thing is just a bit much! maybe i'm wrong, but it just seems like too much!

I am picky about my trash tv. i like to think i pick the best of the worst. I liked Average Joe though!

Erika said...

Is it a guilty confession that I have dreamed of a "hands free" double pump before? Although, SEEING it makes me decide never to use it. Probably too much slippage to be effective.

Think about it though! You could check your email while pumping, go to the bathroom, pay some bills, play patty cake with your baby, make dinner, go through the car wash, eat, the posibilities are endless!!!
:-)

Bethany said...

You have never met me, but don't worry, Sarah has-- as if that somehow makes me okay... Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog-- I am constantly laughing out loud. Between the double pumps and the NKOTB updates, my week has been worthwile. Thanks!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

ha! Thanks Beth!

Amy said...

Things like this make me scared to have children. I figured I would leave you a blog comment, because then you'd have a link to my blog, if you want to check it out. Nice catching up with you earlier...

Denise said...

This product is strangely compelling, but it just looks so peculiar and wrong...and I'm really just not sure what else to say. I mean, nobody has a smile that big on their face when they are pumping, it's awkward and cow-like no matter how you approach it or what products are involved. It's got me thinking though, I bet that oddly enough there is quite the market for this, people are weird.