Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rice please. Just rice.

A question my friends and I like to ask each other and other people, is: If you had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?

When I first contemplated my answer to this most thought-provoking question, I automatically thought of the following:

- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Hotdogs
- Rice

When told I could only choose one item, it was a tough decision, but I chose rice. And since that day, my taste for rice has not wavered. PB & J has gotten old to me and hotdogs have gotten gross to me (with the exception of the occassional dog...). But rice, has been welcomed to the party in my tummy through and through.

Whenever I get Mexican I make the same two special requests everytime: no cilantro and no beans, extra rice.

Tonight at Wahoo's I made that exact request and the amount of rice (which is so buttery and yummy) they gave me was glorious!


I couldn't have been happier!

What would your answer to the question be?

11 comments:

PlusOne said...

Chips and Salsa. No question. And why were you at Wahoo's without me?

Miriam Oh Painter said...

alls you alls want chips and salsa! i was at wahoos hoarding all the rice. i know how you are.

Denise said...

did you go to dinner with E tonight? He went to Wahoos too, wasn't sure if you were down in the O.C. -- cheetoes

Erika said...

What a tough question!!! I think I'd have to say dutch babies. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dana said...

hmmmm. good question.
um....since I don't want to be a complete lard ass for eternity...I guess I'll go with rice too, although if it's done Wahoo's style there's plenty of butter in there! Mmmmmm.

Jessica said...

Have you paid attention to the rice at Chipotle? Best rice ever, I'd have to say. Every time I get a burrito there I request, Teensy bit of beans, mostly rice please. YUUUUM!

Found your blog through Erik Isakson- nice to read about you! Thanks for coming to the wedding- it was great to see you!

Chelsea Anne said...

The funniest thing to me about this post (aside from the fact that two of the food items in the running for what you would be satisfied eating for the rest of your days are totally white trash, and the third...just what one might expect from an asian...) is that you took a picture of your plate while I was away from the table. Man, you gotta be quick with this one.

Erin said...

I'm with Kristen... the answer has been and will always be Chips and Salsa please! Only thing I can eat til I get sick and then still want to eat some more. (Chili's has the best bottomless Chips-n-Salsa)

the Rew Crew said...

Rice is great, but have you considered the plumbing problems associated with eating it and nothing else?

That would never do for me.

My vote is for chips and salsa (my own homemade recipe), or pizza. Basically because you get a couple of food groups in one dish.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i like that everyone prefers chips and salsa. I get it though. But that just means more rice for me!!! All rice. any kind of rice! except risotto if you consider that "rice."

L said...

I ate rice and beans just about every single day for 18 solid months during the mission. For a long while afterwards, the smell of rice cooking made me naseauted. Luckily, seven years later, I'm over it.