Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween Treat

There are few things I love more than a nice surprise and today, right in the middle of my toughest week of school yet, I came home to a fun and so welcomed package.

Kim Bigelow Atchley, proving once again how great a mom she is, sent me an awesome holiday care package...for Halloween! It was so fun to get the nice goodies and I love the care and thought she put into the simple little gift.



The kitchen towels will make all the difference in my less-than-spectacular kitchen and how fun will it be to gnaw on a gummy purple rat and suck on finger lollipops?! So fun, so fun!
Thanks Kim! You are the best!

And to top it off, she included my Girl's Camp Certificate (Yay! I certified!) and a montage of camp pictures on DVD. Man! A surprise AND a validating sense of accomplishment all in one. Could I ask for anything more?! It was just so nice to take a mental break from school and remember a great part my summer.

Thanks Kim and thanks to everyone else who has sent me thoughtful housewarming gifts and gems in the mail. Feels like the mission all over again! I should do a post about the butt-hole cat towel hanger and the french polar bear tea set. Next time.

5 comments:

Denise said...

so if this could possibly count for anything, I want you to know that i THOUGHT of sending you a fun package before you ever even moved...and several times since. Too bad that sometimes it is so hard getting past the "thought about" part. Love you!!!

Allison Hansen said...

Dean and I went to lunch yesterday, and talked about how we're both so proud of you. Don't you ever want to know when people say nice things about you?

PlusOne said...

I don't know about anyone else but I am SUPER excited to hear about the butt hole cat towel holder.

catharooni said...

and i am looking forward to pics of the polar bear tea set ...

Lisa said...

MIRIAM!!! Hey! I am glad you are doing well in Oregon. Miss you. Also check closely at who signed your Camp Certificate. Cindy asked me to sign a stack of them, and I felt so official.