Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Neighbors

My neighbors kind of drive me crazy.

I am pretty sure Goliath lives above me and his wife does aerobics usually around midnight and his son likes to construct furniture around the same time. For ALL of my years of apartment living I have always lived on the third floor which has always put me above my neighbors. This time around, I am on the second floor of a three-floor building and while I like not having to drag my groceries up three flights of stairs, I am feeling the pain apartment living.

This is what I look at every time I leave my apartment.


Apartment management will leave fliers at everyone's door with announcements and Valley River Court news and updates. They do this at least twice a month. I don't mind the paper because it keeps me informed but it does bother me that my neighbors across the hall, never pick up their fliers. This is a picture of their door and their stash of fliers of the past month. It's not like they never leave because they go in an out all day long. Yet, they never pick up their fliers. Instead, they step over them.

I have met a few people in the building but for the most part, everyone sticks to themselves. I have tried to meet the folks across the hall, but like they do with the fliers, they ignore me.

In contrast, here's what my door looks like.


It's inviting and pleasant and festive. No fliers around because I pick them up. It's just nice.

Come on neighbors! Don't be lazy. Pick up your crap.

No comments: