Friday, October 31, 2008

October Sky


I'm still waiting for it to rain here. I am pretty sure that in the next few days all of that will change, but I am surprised that my weather expectations here have totally not come true.

Apparently, Eugene weather isn't completely like Seattle weather. Eugene doesn't get near as much rain, it's warmer in the summers, and it's less humid. I have been waiting for rain and I think it is coming pretty soon, but up until now, the weather has been exquisite.


October, in particular has been the nicest month here. The skies are clear and blue, temps are in the upper 60s and 70s, and the fall colors have been amazing.


My friend and I took a drive west of town to find a hike and do some exploring nearer the coast. We probably should have planned our excursion a little better, but the drive through the country was pretty great.

We ended up driving up to a the King Estate Winery. The vineyards seemed to go on forever and the colors were peaceful.






The rains are coming though. It's in the air.

1 comment:

dana said...

gorgeous pictures. That red tree is AMAZING.