Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wedding weekend

Last weekend I hit two weddings, of two close friends, in two different states in two consecutive days. Though a bit tiring, I must say that I was just grateful that I could make it to both.

Heather Feather & James
My two-week Orientation at school in Eugene ended Friday with a rafting trip down the McKenzie River. At 3:30 AM I left Eugene and drove two-hours to Portland to catch my flight. I landed in Phoenix two hours later where Sarah picked me up and we went straight to the Mesa Temple for the Sealing.

Arizona was hot and Sarah and I were burning up. Had we not been polite and mature adults, we would have been taking a dip in the fountain outside. Good thing we are well-trained and domesticated.

I had been looking forward to some familiar faces since moving to Oregon and it was such the perfect setting to spend time with close friends and to see one of my best friends get married.

Congratulations Heather Feather and James!






I spent the night in Phoenix with more Mormons than I've seen in the last two months combined. Sarah and I played some Rockband until the break of dawn at Tom Hung's and in the morning, I flew out to Utah for Kyong & Donny's wedding.

Kyong & Donny
Kyong is one of the first friends I made at BYU. We have been friends for almost 13 years and we have always managed to stay in touch.

Kyong and Donny had a beautiful wedding at the Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon and everything was exquisite. I had a great time catching up with Holly and some other close friends I hadn't seen in a while and driving into the canyon made me a little nostalgic for my past snowboarding days (sorry, random thought...).

The ceremony was beautiful and the jam was delicious!

Congratulations K&D!







4 comments:

dana said...

You took some gorgeous pictures. I love that one of the Mesa temple.

steve-o said...

Thanks for posting those pics. I haven't seen or heard anything about Kyong since 1996, so that was fun.

catharooni said...

awesome! based on your timeline, it would appear you didn't sleep for 3 days ... but why am i not surprised??

thanks for the pics - heather (and her dress) look fabulous!!

Travis Butterfield said...

dang. too bad I didn't get to see you while you were here in AZ! Oh well. You had more important stuff going on!