Monday, April 14, 2008

Puppies, not Mariah!

Today I watched the boringest show ever. Well, I Tivo'd through what I am guessing was the most boringest show ever.

Ever since the man-mom was on Oprah, I have had the show "season-passed" and I haven't bothered to take it off my hit list. Today, Oprah's guest was Mariah Carey and although I didn't really watch any of the show, even fast-forwarding through it bored me to near anger.

The information blurb on my DVR said that Oprah would be doing an update on a previous episode involving puppies, which was the only reason I even bothered zipping through the episode. Talk about a waste of my precious time! No puppies and too much of boring Mariah!

I couldn't even hear what they were saying and I was so not intrigued! Can you think of a more uninteresting celebrity than Mariah Carey? I challenge you. Please offer your suggestions. (Actually, I think I would add Ryan Seacrest to the list, though, not too long ago, I wanted to marry him...)

The focus of the show was two-fold: Mariah's new album and Mariah's weight-loss.

Mariah's new album is titled: "E=MC2" Well, that's a catchy title. I wonder how long she's been waiting to use that one? That must have come to her in epiphany form while she was putting on her leg warmers.


As for her weight-loss, I really can't give her too much credit. Yes, losing weight is very difficult and takes a lot of self-discipline. But anyone that has a cook and a live-in trainer with the added pressure of being in the spotlight, will lose weight, and a lot of it. Mariah was patting herself on the back just a bit too graciously.

I really do not know why I am ripping on Mariah. If she were a nice person and not so much of a diva, I probably wouldn't have much material to go on and no emotion to spur much of a platform. But, the fact that she thinks she's better than puppies is just an outrage to me. I don't stand for people like that.

8 comments:

Kim said...

you know that i don't even like puppies and i would have rather stared at them all afternoon. it was the dumbest show ever and i too fast-forwarded through most of it. shall we do some water aerobics tonight in my hottub? I can also give you a tour of my lingerie closet, also the size of an apartment! ARGH!! Personally I thought Oprah was probably bored to tears as well and just acted like she cares.

Denise said...

Oh I just want to squeeze those little puppy heads, cute picture! Yeah, not a big fan of the mc.

Travis Butterfield said...

list of other boring people (in no particular order):
Al Gore
Tipper Gore
Jimmy Carter
Oprah
J-Lo
Chelsea Clinton
Dick Cheney
Usher
Lindsey Lohan
Jessica Simpson
Ashlee Simpson
Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana)
Billy Ray Cyrus
Chris Daughtry
PAULA ABDUL
Kobe Bryant
Tara Reid
Beyonce
Hillary Clinton
John McCain
Courtney Cox
All of the Friends Cast
Prince Harry (and the rest of the Royal Family)
Nanci Pelosi
Howard Stern
Paris Hilton
Nicole Richey
Rosie O'Donnel
Courtney Love
Tom Cruise
Katie Holmes
Angelina Jolie
Jay-Z
Puff Daddy (or P Diddy, or Sean Combs)
Madonna
Rene Zellweger
Alicia Silverstone
Steven Tyler
Liv Tyler
Lisa Marie Presley
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Miss America (of any year)
Tim Allen
Bob Saget
Al Frankin
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh
Bill Walton
etc.
etc.
etc.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

Kim, I completely agree. Oprah looked liked she couldn't have cared less.

Denise, puppies are head are very cute.

Travis, nice list. Totally legit.

dana said...

I couldn't agree more about Mariah...she's not on fi-ah.
And she always looks trashy.
I don't like puppies either, but they sound slightly more interesting.

Um, you wanted to marry Ryan Seacrest?

Miriam Oh Painter said...

who doesn't want to marry ryan?! puppies are the best!

Jaime said...

I think she's had a face lift & I think she looked great even before her weight loss. Sorry no puppies were discussed, maybe you could catch a show on animal planet, they have good ones. :)

f*bomb. said...

uhhh...did someone list Rosie as "boring"? Moh- you may want a rebuttle.

I think it was supposed to be about puppy farming- Lisa Ling was on it so you know it had to be a conspiracy of some sort.
Well, what with all the effort of Oprah's charitable causes, maybe she felt obligated to indulge with other fathead, self-centered, self-congratulatory celebutaunts. Just a guess...