Friday, April 25, 2008

Single life...sigh...

This is for the married folk out there and for the single folk who can commiserate...

To give you an idea of what life is like for Singles in the church, here is a little glimpse into the array of activities I could have enjoyed recently:

- FHE: Book of Mormon Charades
- Ward Date Night
- Pajama Prom
- Green Jello Night
- Wardstock (Woodstock and if we will all recount what Woodstock was all about...)

That's what we, as near 30-year-olds are up to these days. Just thought I would make it known...

6 comments:

dana said...

sigh sigh sigh.
I seriously empathize...well...I've never done Wardstock or green jello, but I know my life was headed there.
It's true, the church is a little unsure what to do with "older" singles. I say, let us all be part of our wards! Why "single" anyone out?

Kim said...

Please tell me you plan on posting your pajama prom pictures because I am certain you looked good! :)

SM2 is a good place to be and i'll let you hold Sarah as much as you want. i will even tell her she's not allowed to spit up on sundays.

The UnMighty said...

If only I could undo what's already been done. Being single sounds way better now than when I was.

Travis Butterfield said...

yeah. being single is the suck. Those things might have been fun when I was 18 or 19, but not now that I'm almost 30.

Denise said...

Oh Miriam, I really don't know what to say. At least you can be good humored about it, honestly, who are the people on these activity planning committees anyway?

f*bomb. said...

Pajama Prom?
Well...I guess that cuts straight to the chase anyway. I just wouldn't have expected it in the church setting...