Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mexi-yucky

For the third year, I rode the 50-miles between Rosarito and Ensenada in Mexico. It is one of my most favorite rides and it always a great time! Here are some of my pictures.

The place we stayed in came highly recommended but turned out to be highly, and disgustingly disappointing. This is the shot under the bed I slept on. Dead moths everywhere. Yuck.

We took our time getting to the start line. We were a half hour late...but whatevs. We took 1st through 6th place anyway. We are hardcore...as you can see.

The bathroom door was see through. We made it not see through.

Finally, in the third year, I got a picture of this massive JC (the large statue on the hill behind me).

Aside from the see-through door, the next best part of our trip was our fireworks extravaganza! This is my first time lighting off bottle rockets. It pretty much rocked. Note to novices: don't try to fuse several bottle rockets together, it doesn't work so well and it is very scary.

These are our boys, Luke, Erik and John. They protected us from the banditos.

This was the view from the place we stayed. The inside was gross, but the outside was beautiful. From our window, we watched the ocean and on race morning, we even saw two dolphins making their way around. They even treated us to some jumping out of the water. It was so great!

7 comments:

dana said...

Yes, your place looks discusting, but the outside is gorgeous. I'm glad no one froze this time on the bike ride.

Kaahl said...

did you really take 1-6th? that is pretty amazing, maybe.

Erika said...

Wow. You are so awesome. I aspire to be like you :-).
Thought of you this weekend because I flew home and was an A-22. LAME.

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i took 1-6 all by myself. i am amazing. Erika, A-22 is commendable! nice job!

the Rew Crew said...

I am counting the years until my kids are old enough for me to leave them so I can start riding and be kick-butt like you.

O.k, they are old enough now, I'm just not emotionally there yet. I have completely turned into one of 'those' moms.

It's kind of embarrassing.

Denise said...

That J.C. is classic, I love it! Way to get creative with the door, too.

Holly said...

Hi Moh! Kyong just sent me a link to your blog. I felt like a loser b/c I didn't already know about it. You're such a bad ass, by the way (can I say that on your blog?). Congrats on the bike race. Call me sometime! Btw, I'm taking Ella to Disneyland in a couple of weeks. We should try to meet up when I'm in LA (we're flying into LAX - that's what happens when I let Steff book the tickets...). Anyway, hope all is well. Later!