Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Best Farewell Song Ever

I like people like Erin Shepard. They are carefree and they don't care when they do things that most people would be embrassed about.

I was on my computer this morning out at the Pasadena Homestead (Jennie Doezie's house) and I could hear Erin shuffling around behind me. I turned around to see her standing there in some kind of pose. You know, the kind of stance people do when they are going to start some kind of performance? That's what she was doing. She said to me, "Miriam, this is for you."

I started screaming and I pleaded with her to stop, but it was as though she had stuffed her ears with cotton balls and she kept going! She bent down and pressed a button on the stereo she had set up and she froze in her pose.

I braced myself for total embarassment and kept yelling, "Stop! No! Do not! This is a horrible idea!" But she ignored my pleas. Then the music started and this is part of what happened. (It starts out sideways, but then straightens out.)




At first I was super embarassed for her and especially for myself, but then, the awesome song and the excitement of it all got to me and I ended up joining in and by the second verse, we were NKOTBing it up!

Yeah for Erin! Proof that it is sometimes appropriate to be inappropriate! Not that she was crude or anything, but just that those kind of going away send-offs are not my kind of ideal! But I loved it! (And since she let me record it, I figured she wouldn't mind if I published it as well.)

2 comments:

dana said...

Excellent performance! NKOTB is always welcome. But yes, I hate that feeling in my stomach when someone's about to start something really embarrassing and I just hold my breath for them....

Erin said...

A hahahahahahaha! Just saw this.
Can't believe I made the blog. I feel... honored?

I meant every word I sang. I'm gonna always- love you girl.