Friday, August 1, 2008

Go Greek

I am pretty certain that before last night, the last concert I went to was Sarah McLachlan three or four years ago at the Staples Center.

John Mellencamp was a good re-introduction to the big concert scene. He was charming and entertaining. Familiar music is always a plus for a concert-goer such as myself as I am not much of a concert-goer period. We got there a bit early and had to do a lot waiting through the opening act and before Mellencamp came on, but I had good company with John Muerer and Kristen Johnson.

The Greek Theater was nice to return to. We got a choice parking spot. The people in our row kept leaving which was a bit annoying, but other than that, the whole experience was a joy!

I can't say when I will go to a concert again, but, I am glad I went to see the JCM. He didn't play "Hurt So Good" which was a total bummer, but we got a good handful of his other classics, so I shouldn't complain, I suppose.

Go Greek! Here's a little ditty for ya.

No comments: