Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sarah Way of Life

I had a conversation with Kristen not too long ago about: quality of life. I guess we all seem to be at that point in life where our goals are no longer satisfied only by successes in our careers and small weekend adventures. At least not for me, despite the fact that I am uprooting myself and moving to another state to go back to school.

But for most of us, I think we are looking forward now to relishing in our everyday lives. Settling in where we are and establishing ourselves and accenting our lives with simple pleasures and hobbies.

I have thought about this a lot especially after my visit to Denver, Colorado to see Sarah. She is there for a nurse practitioner program at the University of Colorado and though only having lived there for a few weeks, she is already nicely settled in to the start of the next phase of her life.


Her cute and spacious two-bedroom apartment felt like a home. After so many years living off the amenities of roommates and second-hand hand-me-downs, Sarah's apartment was full of new furniture and accents that were storybook of her. The value of her own quality of life showed in the space that she made her home.



Sunday morning I woke up to the aroma of fresh baked goodness in the apartment. I walked into the kitchen nook to find a nicely made breakfast table with plate of hot, fresh biscuits, fruit and home-made jam.






Despite the peaceful and relaxing environment in Colorado, the most enjoyable part of my trip was chilling with Sarah in her home. Colorado is all of beautiful country and a laid back culture. Sarah's place is a warm reflection of that.

2 comments:

Heather & James said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on sarah's new home and your visit with her. I cannot wait to go see her and your new place too. You're awesome Moh. I like how your mind works.

dana said...

I love seeing the Sarah Life! Cute apartment, YUMMY biscuits, adorable pics of Sarah. I miss her.