Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kimo Time

I spent this past week in Utah with my brother Erik, his wife Denise and my little nephew Kimball (Kimo for short). As always, it was so much fun and I did exactly as I had planned: spent as much time with the little guy as possible.

Being around my nephew and the fam is always a welcome breath of fresh air. When I get all wrapped up in my own life, they are quick to bring me back down to earth. Kimball is quick to tire me out, but I try my best to keep up with him. I am amazed at how much energy Denise and Erik are able to dedicate to him. One of the things they do so well and that is most impressive, among so many other things, is the amount of time they spend reading to him. So much that books are as high up on Kimball's list of fun as playing cars and trains.

At only 2.5 years old, he is so smart and fun to talk to! In this video, Denise is reading Kimo his favorite book and he knows it so well, that he has fun finishing each line!




Denise usually lets Erik dress Kimball for church. Always so cute! America's Next Top Kid Model I say!





On Saturday, we drove down to Provo and made a weak attempt to go to the BYU football season opener. The game was sold out and we ended up buzzing around Provo.

Naturally, we went to the BYU Bookstore. To buy chocolate-covered cinnamon bears of course.

As usual, it was a trip to walk through parts of campus again. For example, the gentle, creative reminders to manage for yourself your own obedience to the Honor Code.
The play on BYU culture was entertaining as usual.

If you can't read it, this shirt says: "I Love Mormon Girls"


"He Thinks I'm Waiting", "Dear John: Nothing Runs Like A Girl", "Utah is For Lovers. (For Time and All Eternity)"


Why didn't they have these shirts when I was a freshman?

We stopped by a little shave ice hut on 800 N and 700 E and Kimball was loving it.
The week was a nice break and a nice send off. I won't get to see the Utah folk for a while but I got a good dose to hold me over.





6 comments:

catharooni said...

love the video, love the pics, love the little guy - and (most of all) love how much you love him!!!

so glad you got a good visit in with the fam. and thanks for your message the other night - i will track you down soon!!

dana said...

cute cute cute!
Those BYU pics kinda make me cringe in my stomach. Oh, the weirdness of Provo...

Kim said...

which t-shirt did you chose to purchase? i bet it was a difficult decision since they are all adorable!

kimo is ADORABLE! what a fun time for both of you. Who wouldn't like to have an aunty moh!?

Denise said...

cutest post ever, maybe I need to direct everyone on my blog to yours. you always get the cutest snapshots of kimo, I love those model poses.

Joel and Natalie said...

I love Kimo! Kimo is the coolest! Miriam is the coolest! I love Miriam. "Utah is for Lovers"? I kinda like that one the best. only because I am from the Utah though. Sooo funny!

Jill said...

He is so stinkin' smart, and he knows it.

oh, the by. same feelings, same stuff, insane times. i love the notalgia--it's got to happen every so often, right? :)

goodbye dear. take photos!