Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Letters from Dad

I am convinced that the excitement I get from receiving things in the mail (besides junk mail and bills), is the same level of excitement my dad experiences when he gets fun mail. So, with an unspoken mutual understanding, we send little things to each other the old-fashioned way, by post. Though, where I find our mail exchange fun and entertaining, he may just see it as a normal way of staying in touch!

Yesterday I got a cute card from my dad. Unexpected, but oh so welcomed! This card from anyone else would have made think dorky thoughts, but from my dad, it just made me feel a little bit warm inside.


He is just so thoughtful and so sweet! Lucky me, he is my dad!

Though sometimes I wonder why my parents gave me a name they can't spell...oh well, I know his heart is in the right place!

5 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

Your dad is, without doubt, one of the kindest people I have ever met.

And, BTW, the Yosemite pics look awesome!

Erika said...

That is hilarious! If my parents ever spelled my name "Erica" I don't know what I would do...maybe I would assume it was a sign from them that they're being held hostage and need me to come rescue them.
I LOVE getting snail mail too. So much fun.

f*bomb. said...

Every time I think of him, I hear his voice say, "This is Mirrim Daddy!"

He so loves you.

Denise said...

I have a file in my desk titled "notes from daddy" - Kimball and my name have both been numerously spelled in variant forms but these are my two favorites:
Deneice
Campbell

Miriam Oh Painter said...

Ha! That is so funny! I can't get enough of his funniness!