Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Oh Ho Down! Yee haw!

What better way to celebrate my 31st birthday than in a country bar in Long Beach with my close friends?! (KJ suggested hanging out at Baskin-Robbins 31 Ice Cream, which is also not a bad idea I say...)

For some reason, every year I get a birthday party. I don't know how or why it happens, but I guess I just get lucky or maybe I have some pretty great friends and family who love me enough to willingly do whatever I want.

This year, we headed out to "Cowboy Country" in Long Beach, CA. Not the most ideal setting for a country ho-down, but after the night we had, we weren't complaining.

Thanks everyone for making 31 fun!

This 5-layer cake was a mouthful, and couldn't hold all 31 candles, though, still glowed like an inferno!


This gentleman really made the night! He asked all of us girls individually to dance and taught us all the 2-step. It was so much fun and he was so nice!

My sister took care of the evening for all of us. It was good to see her. Now that she lives in Orange County and travels all the time, we rarely have time to catch up.

No one really wanted to come, but once we all got there, it was a blast! No bar brawls...darn!

Such gentlemen! My redneck (self-proclaimed so no hurt feelings) and I, and KJ and her cowboy. Do men still really ask girls to dance? Yes!

KJ organized the evening and perhaps selfishly because I think she knew she would have the most fun. Obviously.

We learned one line dance. Turbo. It was country-ish. Line dancing is hands down fun!

Esther brought the fringe and tassles.

I got some girly clothes and accessories from my sis.

We danced as much as was possible.
It was such a fun night! Topped off by some domestic violence in the parking lot (no physical harm, only shouting, cussing, wife-beater t-shirts and poking), the night couldn't have been more enjoyable!

Thanks everyone! You are good sports and the night was just as I had hoped it would be! All country, all friends, all fun!

6 comments:

Camille said...

fun party!
a - rachael looks totally different
b - eva's hair is totally long
c - i love that picture of kristen dancing.
happy bday!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

Yeah! it was a lot of fun! we are all overly excited i noticed, in all of our pictures! it was a good time. i highly recommend it.

mrn said...

Dude, you pull off the cowboy hat so well. Awesome. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Denise said...

I wish I could have danced with that old man!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous celebration!:-) Lori

the Rew Crew said...

Happy birthday Miriam!