Monday, June 30, 2008

High hilarity

I would like to plug some laugh-outloud comedy.

Television has truly outdone itself. I recorded two shows on my DVR this past week and I have just been able to watch them. If it has been more than 1.5 months since you let out a boisterous laugh, I suggest you tune in to NBC on Tuesday nights.

For years I have found complete entertainment by way of Japanese game show video clips on YouTube. And now, America has brought it home! To an extent. If you haven't already seen, there is a new show about ten Americans excited to be on a new reality show only to find out that they are competing in Japan on a real Japanese game show! Note: Japanese game shows rarely abide by any rules which equals: total fun and ridiculousness. I laughed my head off.



The second show I can't get enough of is "Wipeout". I laughed so hard I practically cried. Now that is a whole lot of laughter.

3 comments:

Kim said...

fabulous!! i needed something for tuesdays!! :)

these look like shows you'd be on.

Denise said...

Okay somehow I think Erik would be an extraordinary contestant on this wipeout show and secondly, I am dying to watch the Americans on this japanese gameshow tomorrow night, you know I share that obsession with you concerning Japanese tv comedy!

f*bomb. said...

Erik! PLEASE be on that gameshow!!! Next to American Gladiators, THAT would be the one for you! PLEASE!!!

...I think that hostess has the most awkward job ever. When Mr Kung Fu whips out his moves...ooohwee...I can only imagine what he's like when he's trying to impress someone.