Friday, June 20, 2008

Who needs Vogue? I prefer Eliza.

I am not much into fashion magazines. In fact, I don't even find myself reading the front covers of these publications while in line at the grocery store. I think my disinterest stems mostly from my disregard for keeping up with changing styles, trends and definitely, high fashion.

In general, I consider myself a pretty simple person and I prefer squeek by with what I have in my closet or whatever I can find on my frustrated tirades in the mall after I realize my outdated clothes and style of dress are offensive to current trends.


All that being said, I am not opposed to new options...

"Eliza" is the one exception to my disinterest in fashion.

"Eliza" magazine is one chicky magazine that I recently picked up and was immediately interested in. I browsed through it actually liking a lot of the styles being modeled and showcased. I thought the articles were engaging and fresh and there was nothing of an offensive or questionable nature throughout the magazine. It was full of ideas for the modest and style-minded consumer as well as, the everyday "I wear clothes" consumer such as myself.

Check it out for yourself. Eliza magazine, a modest and modern fashion magazine.

http://www.elizamagazine.com/

5 comments:

f*bomb. said...

Even though they tout it as a "modest fashion" magazine, I would say it's straight-up WEARABLE fashion that's fun, fresh and achievable. It may be modest, incidentally, but I think (above all) it's modern.

Denise said...

Yeah, I hadn't seen this mag til the fashion show and I was impressed. Is it monthly/quarterly?

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i believe it is quarterly. You should subscribe!

Unknown said...

Dear Miriam-

I wanted to let you know about a new company that may be of interest to you and your readers. Christa Taylor is a 20 year old designer dedicated to producing high quality chic and trendy clothing that allows women to be fashionable without being suggestive. She resounding rejects the notion that modesty must be frumpy and has set out to disprove that notion through her clothing line. Christa operates her business as a family enterprise involving two brothers, her father and two sisters. She is also committed to donating at least 5% of her sales to the poor and towards advancing social justice around the world. You can find her site at http://www.christa-taylor.com. We would love for you to check us out and possibly list us a resource on your site. Thanks for your time and consideration.


Stephen Taylor
www.christa-taylor.com

dietcokegrrl said...

My friend Summer, who used to be in my ward in Pasadena, actually started that magazine. Glad to see it's been dong so well!